Welcome to LALDEF
The Latin American Legal Defense and Education Fund, Inc. (LALDEF) is a grassroots nonprofit organization formed to defend the civil rights of Latin Americans and facilitate their access to health care and education, as well as to advance cross-cultural understanding in the Mercer County area.
Established in 2004, LALDEF has been committed to serving the low-income Latino immigrant communities of the Mercer County region. Our mission is to defend the rights of the Latin American community, facilitate access to health care and education, and advance cross-cultural understanding. We seek to prevent human rights violations, educate immigrants about their rights and responsibilities, and foster their integration into the civic fabric of our communities. LALDEF has established itself as the “go-to” organization for reaching out to the Latino community, a community that is indispensable to life in Mercer County.
LALDEF offers an array of services in-house and also acts as a conduit referring clients to other agencies. In this work and in our advocacy, the overarching goal is to dismantle barriers that stand in the way of a more fair and just society, and to support the incorporation of immigrants in a way that strengthens the social fabric overall.
The Mercer County Area Community ID Card is intended to act as a widely recognized token of membership in our community. Click here to learn more.
- Know Your Rights as an Immigrant
- Sepa sus Derechos Como Inmigrante
- Know Your Rights Guidebook
- Guia de Sus Derechos
- Appealing HESAA Denial of College Financial Aid in NJ
- The DACA Process and Requirements
- Proceso y Requisitos para Solicitar DACA
- First-time DACA application Document Check-List
- Documentos Para Solicitar DACA por Primera Vez
- DACA Renewal Document Checklist
- Warning Signs of Domestic Violence
- FAQ´s About Filing a Tax Return/Preguntas sobre como hacer una declaracion de impuestos (Spanish)