Conference Room: $25,000
Located on the first floor just past our main entrance; the conference room will become a focal point for continued collaboration with nonprofit, educational, and corporate partners.
Backyard Garden: $20,000
Located just behind the building the lovely outdoor picnic area will provide staff a space to relax and enjoy their meals al aire libre.
Classrooms (4): $15,000 each
All located on the second floor and perfect for education programs, including: English, computer, and citizenship preparation classes. The classrooms will also serve as meeting rooms for our growing FUTURO youth mentoring program.
Staff Offices: $10,000
The third floor of our new building is the perfect space to house our staff work spaces. An inviting space with lots of natural lighting with ample space for the gradual and sustainable growth of our staff.
A NEW HOME
By moving into a larger space we will be able to increase service delivery through program and staff growth. We will immediately double enrollment in our English for Speakers of Other Language (ESOL) classes, increase by 100 the number of people receiving direct legal assistance in the next year, and quadruple the size of our FUTURO youth mentoring program from 15 students to 60 in the next year.
OUR VISION OF GROWTH
With additional staff and space our goal is to serve 3,500 individuals each year, across all programs. To meet growing demand LALDEF needs to hire three new staff members:
- two part-time staff members for our youth mentoring program
- one full-time legal assistant
Our relocated Welcome House will remain in Chambersburg. This historic building will provide us 4,500 square feet of space. Easily accessible by public transit and located just a block away from the revitalized Roebling Wire Works and Market, this three-story building offers us numerous dedicated spaces, including: a reception and waiting area, a conference room, four classrooms, and staff work spaces.
In 2017 we...
- empowered 116 people through our adult education
- served over 300 individuals with direct legal services
- mentored 27 high school youth
- issued 1,674 ID cards
- filed over 250 income tax returns
- led 50+ KnowYourRights workshops
- facilitated heath screenings and advocacy for 75 people
- engaged with over 500 people at our community events
Our Goal: $400,000
- Purchase. The historic In and Out Club located at 714-716 S. Clinton
- Repair. Complete energy efficient upgrades and repairs
- Equip. The building with new furniture and technology