Community ID Cards

UPDATE: ID Cards are currently being issued in
on Wednesdays from 3PM to 5PM and Saturdays from 9AM to 11AM,

and in
on Tuesdays from 4PM to 7PM


To schedule an appointment, please email

You may also obtain an ID Card through RISE. Call (609) 443-4464 for more information.

YES, this card recognizes you as a Mercer County Area resident. We thank you for obtaining the Community ID Card. It will be useful to you when you have to verify your identification and place of residence, or in case of emergency.

The Mercer County Area Community ID Card is accepted by:

  • Police officers from various municipalities (see list to the right)
  • Mercer County Sheriff officers
  • Municipal offices and courts
  • Emergency personnel (fire, ambulance, hospital ER)
  • Most clinics or doctor's offices
  • Municipal and County Parks and swimming pools
  • Public libraries
  • Public schools
  • Private Social Services and Charitable organizations
  • Banks, pharmacies and stores

If you encounter any difficulties using the ID card please call us to report the problem at 609-688-0881. Leave us a callback number. We will contact the organization and report back to you when we have resolved the issue.

We need your help in obtaining the widespread use and acceptance of the card. Use it as often as you can. We are also working to extend this card to other municipalities in the area. The card is accepted by police department officers in five municipalities: City of Trenton, Ewing, Plainsboro, Princeton, and West Windsor.

The use of this card outside the Mercer County Area is not necessarily discouraged, but the card may not be honored. The card may not be accepted by agencies of the State of New Jersey or the federal Government. However, under no circumstances should it be confiscated. In the event it were, please take note of the location, name of the law enforcement agency and person who took the card and report it as soon as possible to 609-688-0881.

To Get your ID Card you need to bring one of the following:

  • Passport
  • Consulate ID
  • Birth Certificate with photo
  • Signed letter from a sponsoring organization
  • Proof of residency (with your name)


Start your application process here