Development and Communications Associate
The Latin American Legal Defense and Education Fund (LALDEF) – located in Trenton, NJ – seeks talented, focused, and diligent candidates for the role of Development & Communications Associate to work with an energetic, high-volume but small development staff. Reporting to the Interim Executive Director, this position offers the right candidate an opportunity to contribute in meaningful ways to a growing organization that serves the needs of the immigrant community in Mercer County.
- Working with the Interim Executive Director to draft inquiry letters, acknowledgement letters, proposals, and other donor correspondence as directed
- Updating & maintaining donor database & Grants calendar
- Submitting Grant applications in a timely manner
- Drafting monthly development reports to submit to the Board
- Researching potential and existing individual, foundation, corporate and government funders
- Managing Social media posts, periodic press releases, and e-blasts
- Providing some administrative support including coordinating large mailings, organizing and maintaining donor database, filing, copying, writing, and editing
Candidates should be self-motivated, independent and organized with highly proficient skills in researching, writing, editing, and communication. Must also have strong computer skills. Knowledge of or an interest in/easy ability to learn new software (Salesforce, MailChimp, HTML, etc.) is preferred.
In addition, the ideal candidate is a flexible, enthusiastic, organized individual with a commitment to social justice, and an interest in grassroots advocacy. Experience in stakeholder, donor, and community engagement, is beneficial. Applicants who are bilingual in English and Spanish will be given special consideration.
This temporary, full-time position will begin in mid-July to early August and will continue through the end of the calendar year with the potential to become permanent in early 2021. Some remote work is possible. Some evening and Sunday hours may be required for fundraising events. Salary is competitive for similarly-sized organizations and is commensurate with experience. (Ranging from $40,000 and up).
Please send resume, cover letter, and short (no more than one page) writing sample as Microsoft Word or PDF attachments to Caty at firstname.lastname@example.org. Those chosen to continue will be asked to complete a short writing assignment.
Manager of Legal Services
The Latin American Legal Defense and Education Fund (LALDEF) – located in Trenton, NJ – seeks a talented, focused, and diligent candidates for the role of Manager of Legal Services. Working in coordination with our supervising attorney and reporting to the Interim Executive Director, the Manager will oversee a small staff of certified/accredited volunteers and staff members, and work directly with LALDEF clients. This position offers the right candidate an opportunity to contribute in meaningful ways to a growing organization that serves the needs of the immigrant community in Mercer County.
- Supporting the supervising attorney and staff in various administrative duties
- Gathering and arranging evidence and other legal documents for exhibits, attorney review, case preparation, as needed
- Drafting correspondence, legal documents/filings, affidavits, and other formal statements
- Identifying appropriate laws, judicial decisions, legal articles, and other materials for assigned cases
- Overseeing the organization and maintenance of sensitive documents
- Managing department’s billing and data entry
- Assisting the other legal team staff in compiling case management summaries and reports
- Preparing reports to the Board of Trustees as needed
- Assisting Development team with statistics, qualitative stories, and other requests as needed for funding reports.
In addition, the ideal candidate is a flexible, enthusiastic, organized individual with a commitment to social justice, an enhanced sensitivity to cultural differences, and an interest in grassroots advocacy. Some management experience preferred.
Candidate should be certified as an “Accredited Representative” of the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA) – or be willing to seek accreditation within the first six months of employment.
Computer skills needed include routine use of Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite products; some experience with Salesforce is preferred. Proficiency in both English and Spanish is required.
This full-time position will begin in August. Some remote work is possible. Salary is aligned with similarly-sized organizations and is commensurate with experience. (Ranging from $37,000 and up).
Please send resume and cover letter as Microsoft Word or PDF attachments to Caty at email@example.com.
About Us: The Latin American Legal Defense and Education Fund, Inc.'s (LALDEF) mission is to promote the rights of all immigrants, with a focus on the Latin American community in the Mercer County area, facilitate access to health care, education, and legal representation; advocate for the integration of immigrants; and foster intercultural communication to strengthen our communities.