An inclusive and diverse youth mentoring program for promising first- and second-generation immigrant students
- Individualized Mentoring and Tutoring
- SAT/ACT preparation
- Assistance with College Applications & Scholarship Applications
- Resume Development
- College Visits
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Cultural Activities and Events
- Financial Literacy
- Workshops in Balanced Lifestyle, Stress Management, Personal Development & more
- Guidance and Support
- Stipend for laptops or college text books upon H.S. graduation
Complementary to our FUTURO program is FUTURO FAMILIA, which addresses families’ needs holistically and provides a forum for parents and caretakers of FUTURO students.
-FUTURO Alumna Joana
Congratulations to the FUTURO Class of 2022!
Intended majors include...
- Business Management
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science
- Elementary/Special Education
- Healthcare Administration
FUTURO TUTOR SPOTLIGHT
English and history tutor Celia Ussak Lidz holds a Ph.D from Harvard University. She brings to LALDEF experience working in criminal justice reform at the NYC Department of Correction, as well as teaching political philosophy at both Boston University and Yale University. She also worked on the team that started Metro-North Commuter Railroad in New York. Post-retirement, outside of volunteering for FUTURO, she edits textbook content.
Interested in volunteering with LALDEF? Click HERE.
“FUTURO students are smart and eager to learn…
[They] are not afraid to stretch themselves intellectually.”
-Celia, FUTURO Volunteer