Volunteer With Us
LALDEF’s ongoing volunteer opportunities fall into two general categories:
(1) Spanish speakers who can assist with our legal services, client advocacy, or ID Cards and (2) Tutors and mentors
SPANISH-SPEAKING LEGAL SERVICES/CLIENT ADVOCACY/ID CARD VOLUNTEERS
- Legal intake volunteers assist clients with filling out forms and collecting documents. No legal experience required.
- Client advocates assist clients in filing wage theft claims, applying for health insurance, enrolling children in school, and more.
- ID card volunteers help staff to process and distribute the Mercer County Area Community ID Card.
TUTORS AND MENTORS
- Tutors and mentors for our FUTURO college preparation program support and guide first and second-generation high school students in their pursuit of higher education.
- Tutors may also support a variety of adult education initiatives.
All LALDEF volunteers must agree to undergo a background check.